Stay Sweet Sunday – Almond Nutrition Bars
Starting a new diet can be really hard. Having to give up so many delicious foods and treats make it even harder. That is where we step in. For the month of January we are gonna give you recipes that are healthy and sweet!
One of the many things people try to cut down on is snacking on unhealthy food. Doing so can cause you to really feel the hunger pangs until your next meal, but with this Almond Nutrition Bar recipe you can stock your drawers with these for when you need a quick nutritious, sugar-free treat.
(For 2 Almond Bars)
4 tbsp. of Sukrin Gold Syrup
90 g of chopped/roughly ground almonds
16 g of Defatted Almond Flour
13 g of Sukrin Icing
a pinch of vanilla powder (optional)
- Heat the syrup in the microwave on full power for 20 seconds, or in a saucepan until syrup starts to bubble.
- Grind almonds in a food processor for 10-20 seconds- or chop to a fine consistency by hand.
- Mix dry ingredients together and then add syrup. Knead everything together into a sticky dough.
- Chill dough for a few minutes.
- Wet two spoons, use back of spoons to shape the bars.
- Place bars in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes, or until hard.
- Optional: Melt Sukrin Milk Chocolate and use it to coat bars. Store at room temperature.
*Recipe adapted from Sukrin UK