Sukrin Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart, Sugar Free, Low-Carb with Sukrin Almond Flour and Sukrin Melis
The pastry is very versatile and can be used for any sweet tart. It makes a much healthier pastry than one made with regular flour or gluten-free flour. It provides protein and fibre from the almonds, and the benefits of coconut butter, as well as being low in carbs, vegan, and Paleo diet friendly! The coconut cream makes a delicious dairy free cream alternative. Any berries would work well.
Prep time: 20 min Cook time: 20 min. Yield: 4 servings
- 50g Sukrin Melis
- 1 can chilled coconut milk
- 250g strawberries
- Mix the pastry ingredients together by hand in a bowl, or in a food processor, until you have a smooth dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Press the mix into individual loose bottomed tart tins, not too thickly, and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Prick the bottoms, and chill for 20 minutes. Bake for 20 minutes until firm, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tins.
- When cold, gently take out of the tins and fill as you wish. We have made coconut cream by opening a can of chilled full fat coconut milk carefully, pouring off the watery part and reserving for another dish, and whipping the remaining thick cream with some Sukrin Melis.