Fried chicken is arguably one the best foods ever invented. Unfortunately, it’s not one of the healthiest foods to have.
Luckily, there are several tricks to getting that same delicious, crispy taste just without all the unhealthy fat and extra calories.
By using almond flour and our Sukrin Gold Syrup, we easily replace the usual eggs, flour and breaded mixture used to make fried chicken. And instead of cooking it in fattening oil, we oven bake it to get that crispy texture. While the chicken may taste a little sweet due to the syrup, if you season the chicken as you would regular fried chicken you should get the same taste.
2 Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup of Sukrin Gold Syrup
1 cup of Almond Flour
1 tbsp. of Melted Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Prepare a baking sheet and cover with parchment paper.
- Pour the Sukrin Gold Syrup in one medium bowl.
- In another medium-sized bowl combine the almond flour, salt, pepper, and any other seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Dip and cover the chicken breast in the syrup.
- Then dip and fully coat the chicken breasts in almond flour with seasoning.
- Lightly brush chicken with coconut oil.
- Bake in oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until top is browned and chicken is cooked.