Sugar Free Coconut Cream Cake
Coconut Cream Cake
Hands On Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes, plus cooling time
Light and fluffy coconut infused cake is generously sandwiched and surrounded by rich and creamy coconut frosting to create a stunning centerpiece for any occasion.
5 large eggs, separated
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
10 ounces of Sukrin Defatted Almond Flour (can not substitute for regular almond flour)
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 ounces of butter, softened
10 ounces of Sukrin Monk
4 fluid ounces of liquid coconut oil
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
8 fluid ounces of coconut milk with a tablespoon of lemon juice stirred through
6 ounces of desiccated coconut, toasted until lightly browned then blitzed to a powder.
8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
4 ounces of butter softened
3 tablespoons of coconut milk
1 teaspoon of coconut extract (again, optional)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
15 ounces of Sukrin Icing
Food dye in color of choice
5 ounces of flaked coconut to decorate – you can toast this if you like but I like it white
- Pre-heat oven to 350⁰ F, fan forced
- Grease and line two sandwich cake pans (approx. 9 inches)
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Sprinkle cream of tartar
- Place the Sukrin Defatted Almond Flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine and remove any lumps.
- Add the butter to stand mixer with the paddle attachment and beat until light and fluffy. Gradually sprinkle in the Sukrin Monk and the vanilla extract, then add the oil, beat until mixture is fluffed up and creamy.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time to the mixture, beating well after each one.
- With the mixer at the lowest speed, add about a third of the dry ingredients to the batter, followed immediately by about a third of the milk, mix until ingredients are almost incorporated into the batter. Repeat until all ingredients are combined.
- Fold in the toasted coconut.
- Fold in your whipped egg whites gently.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer come out clean.
- Transfer pans to a wire rack and let them cool in the cake tins for 10 minutes.
- After that, turn them out onto cooling racks.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Beat cream cheese with the whisk attachment of your stand mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Drop in the butter and continue whisking.
- Add in milk and extracts and whisk to combine.
- Add your food dye to create a soft, pastel tint.
- Gradually add in Sukrin Icing one heaped spoonful at a time until smooth and creamy.
- Layer the cakes with coconut frosting and then frost the outside.
- Finish off with a scatter of coconut.
Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
This recipe was created by the talented Naomi Sherman, creator of naomishermanfoodcreative.com
Click HERE for a PDF version of this recipe.