https://sukrinusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/appelsinfromage-scaled.jpg 2560 1707 Shavawn White https://sukrinusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Logo_Sukrin_USA_website.png Shavawn White2021-06-11 11:41:422021-10-04 11:02:25Orange Mousse
Sugar free and filled with delicious orange flavor, this Orange Mousse is the perfect summer treat!
Simply made while providing a striking visual, you can replace the orange flavor with any other berry or citrus. From strawberry or raspberry to lemon or lime, surprise guests with a different flavor each time, all while keeping a majority of the same ingredients.
6 gelatin sheets
50 ml of boiling water
6 tbsp. of Sukrin Icing
300 ml of whipping cream
1 orange, juice and grated orange zest
- Make an egg mixture by whisking the eggs and Sukrin Icing together for 2 minutes.
- Whip the cream into soft peaks, then gently combine the egg mixture and cream.
- Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water for 5 minutes, then start boiling 50 ml of water.
- Grate the zest off a rinsed orange and into a bowl. Cut the orange in half and squeeze the juice out into another bowl.
- Drain out the cold water from the gelatin sheets, and squeeze excess water out of the gelatin.
- Pour boiling water over the sheets. Add orange juice and zest into water and stir. The gelatin should dissolve.
- Pour into cream and egg mixture and gently fold until combined.
- Place orange mousse into a serving bowl or bowls and refrigerate for a few hours before serving. Decorate with orange slice or orange zest.
*This recipe was adapted from Sukrin UK.