These Mini Double Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect treat for any and all chocolate lovers. Made even better by being filled with Sun & Seed’s Organic Cashew & Hazelnut Chocolate Spread!
Their spread is made with no refined sugar or palm oil, making it a great alternative to the sugar-heavy Nutella or other chocolate spreads. With an added flavor of cashews to that classic hazelnut taste, you’ll wish each muffin was filled to the brim with it!
Fudgy and incredibly soft, you’ll believe good things truly come in small packages.
2 1/2 cups of plain/all purpose flour*
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
2 tsps. of baking powder
1/4 tsps. of salt
3/4 cup of Sukrin Bake
1 cup of buttermilk
1/2 cup of vegetable oil or other alternative
2 tsps. of vanilla extract
1 cup of sugar-free milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a muffin pan with baking cups.
- In a bowl whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together.
- In another bowl, add eggs and Sukrin Bake. Whisk together until thick and light in color. Add the buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients in thirds, fold into each other gently until combined (do not overmix). Add chocolate chips and fold in gently.
- Fill the baking cups halfway with the batter. Spoon 1 tsp. of Chocolate Spread into the center, and top off each with a spoonful or two of batter (make sure not to over fill).
- Bake for 15-20 mins.
- Let cool.
*Please note, while this recipe does contain a sugar alternative it does contain flour, making it not keto.