Strawberry Rose Tarts
Hands On Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Net Carbs: 5.5g
This is strawberries and cream after a serious glam session.
Crisp tart shell is filled with soft, pillowy vanilla mascarpone and then topped with a delicate strawberry rose.
3 ounces of solid coconut oil, melted
¼ teaspoon of salt
¾ cup of Coconut Flour
1 tablespoon of Sukrin Monk
8 ounces of mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons Sukrin Icing
2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F
- In a medium bowl beat melted coconut oil, eggs, Sukrin Monk and salt together with a fork.
- Then add coconut flour. Stir until dough holds together
- Gather the dough into a ball, then pat into a 20cm greased tart pan or four individual tart cases. It will feel like you’re pressing the dough way too thin but it puffs up a bit while cooking.
- Prick the dough with a fork
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place the mascarpone and vanilla extract in the bowl of a mixer. Using the whisk attachment, whisk until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the Sukrin Icing and heavy cream, one tablespoon at a time alternating each, until you have added all of them.
- Spoon the mascarpone cream into the tart cases and smooth the top.
- Cut the stem end off each strawberry and then place, cut side down, on your chopping board.
- Cut each strawberry into thin slices and then arrange them on top of the mascarpone cream.
- Starting from the outside edge and working in a spiral, layer the strawberries until you reach the center.
Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
The crust will soften.
This recipe was created by the talented Naomi Sherman, creator of naomishermanfoodcreative.com
Click HERE for a PDF version of this recipe.