Slow Cooker Keto Chicken and Dumplings
Hands on Time:
Total Time: 5 hours 10-15 minutes
Serves: 6-8 people
Kicking off our brand new Slow Cooker Sunday series, our shipping manager, Elle has created this Slow Cooker Keto Chicken and Dumplings recipe! This is the perfect recipe for cold winter evenings!
1 ½ cup Sukrin Sesame flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup heavy whipping cream
1 large onion diced
1 clove garlic
8 ounces cream cheese
8 ounces heavy cream
3 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon of poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon of parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
4 chicken breasts
2 cups of frozen vegetables
- Scatter onion in the bottom of slow cooker. Place chicken on top. Combine garlic, cream cheese, heavy cream, chicken broth, and seasonings; top chicken with mixture. Cook on high for a total of 5 hours. (Time varies depending on slow cooker)
- After 4 hours add frozen vegetables to soup mixture and stir. Cover mixture. Begin prepping dumplings.
- Whisk all of your dry ingredients together.
- Cut in the butter until it is small pea sized bits in the dry mixture. Add your heavy cream and mix well. Set aside.
- 30 minutes before serving, shred chicken, add back into slow cooker, stir mixture. Using the dumpling mixture add large tablespoon sized balls onto the top of your soup concoction. Let cook for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
*These recipes are created for inspiration, all ingredients used were low carb*
Click HERE for a PDF version of this recipe.