Who doesn’t love a good cinnamon bun? Soft, buttery pastry filled with delicious cinnamon and brown sugar; all brought together in a beautiful swirl. Could they be anymore perfect?
Yes, they can.
Just add some Sukrin Caramel Syrup, almonds, and even more brown sugar. One bite will make you believe true perfection has been achieved.
1 cup of milk (oat milk or other milk alternative)
1 large egg
4 cups of wheat flour or spelt flour
7 1/2 tbsps. of Sukrin FiberFin
1/2 tbsp. of honey (for yeast development; it will disappear from yeast once baked)
4 tbsps. of Sukrin Bake
1 tbsp. of Sukrin Gold
1/2 tsp. of salt
2 tsps. of cardamom
1 packet of fresh yeast (50g)
5 tbsps. of cubed butter
Set aside some Sukrin Gold, cinnamon and butter for filling
3 1/2 tbsps. of butter
1/2 cup of chopped almonds
5 tbsps. of Sukrin Caramel Syrup
2 1/2 tbsps. of Sukrin Gold
A pinch of sea salt
- Heat the milk and add all ingredients, except butter, to a baking bowl.
- Mix in stand mixer for approximately 15 mins., until the dough stops sticking to the sides of the bowl. Add cubed butter in rounds and mix again, until combined and dough doesn’t stick to sides.
- While dough mixes, make the caramel: Melt the butter on medium heat in a saucepan. Add Sukrin Caramel Syrup and Sukrin Gold and stir well. Add chopped almonds and a pinch of sea salt. Once mixture starts bubbling, remove from pan.
- Pour mixture into ovenproof sheet pan (9 x 13 in.).
- Roll out the dough, spread with butter, and sprinkle cinnamon and Sukrin Gold over.
- Roll and cut into cinnamon buns (about 12 pieces). Place buns in caramel tin, with plenty of room in-between each bun.
- Leave to rise under a kitchen towel for 50 to 60 mins.
- Bake at 360° F for 10 mins., remove from oven and tip the buns into a baking tray lined with baking paper so the caramel faces upwards. Bake for another 5 to 10 mins.