Garlic Caramel Chicken
Cook Time: 48 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
For the month of March, we will be highlighting all the ways you can use our Sukrin Caramel Syrup with our Caramel Craze Recipe Series! While our Caramel Syrup is the perfect topping for ice cream, it can also be used in many more creative and tasty ways you’d never think of!
One of those creative recipes are on display this week with our Garlic Caramel Chicken.
Marinated with a sweet and spicy sauce made with our Sukrin Caramel Syrup, this chicken recipe will sure to be a hit come dinner time!
1/2 cup of Sukrin Caramel Syrup
4 tbsps. of Sriracha Sauce (if you want less spice, only add two. But be aware, the caramel flavor will be stronger if adding less spice)
1 1/2 tbsps. of Minced Garlic
3 tbsps. of Soy Sauce
Salt and Pepper (season to taste)
2 Bone-in Split Chicken Breasts
Sesame Seeds (to garnish)
2 tbsps. of oil and butter (your preference)
- In a bowl, mix the Sukrin Caramel Syrup, sriracha, garlic, soy sauce, salt and pepper together until well combined.
- Divide sauce in half. Add one half to uncooked chicken to marinate. Reserve other half for later.
- Marinate chicken for at least 1 hour (I would highly suggest marinating the night before for best taste).
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Take a cast iron skillet, and allow it to come to temperature over medium heat.
- Add oil, bring to heat. Add chicken, skin side up to pan.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, undisturbed. Flip chicken and cook other side for 3 to 4 minutes, undisturbed.
- Remove pan from heat, add half of the reserved marinade over the chicken.
- Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes. Flip chicken, add remaining half of reserved marinade and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with sesame seeds.