When thinking of holiday desserts, one might think of highly decorative cookies, or an elaborate showstopper of cake as the only go to treats. And while those desserts are fine, sometimes you just want a simple holiday cake that you can make and “bake” in 15 minutes.
That’s where our delicious Gingerbread Mug Cake comes in!
Tasty and delightfully festive, this mug cake is filled with a yummy spiced ginger flavor, made even better with some fluffy whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top. No need to wait for this cake to bake in the oven. Just pop it in the microwave for 1 to 2 mins., and you’ll have a delicious holiday treat in no time.
3 tbsps. of All-Purpose Flour*
2 tbsps. of Sukrin Gold
1/4 tsp. of Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. of Ground Ginger
3 tbsps. of Milk (or a milk alternative)
3 tbsps. of Melted Butter
1/2 tsp. of Vanilla Extract
Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream
Red & Green Sprinkles
- In a bowl add flour, Sukrin Gold, ground ginger and baking powder. Stir together until combined.
- In a separate bowl add milk, butter, and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
- Pour bowl of wet ingredients into bowl of dry ingredients. Stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into a microwave-safe mug, leaving enough room at the top to keep the batter from overflowing.
- Microwave on high for 1 to 2 mins.
- Once cooled, top with whipped cream or ice cream, and sprinkles.
*Please note this recipe does contain flour, making it not keto friendly.