Sugar Free Almond Chocolates
This has just got to be one of the most delicious sugar free inventions ever made! And very easy to make! Almonds, almond butter, butter, chocolate, all natural brown sugar substitute Sukrin Gold and a little bit of Sukrin Fiber Syrup Clear to sweeten the chocolate. These chocolates are perfect with a cup of tea or coffee and will satisfy the craving for a treat without providing a ton of sugar in the process. Equally loved by those who are sugar free and those who aren’t, these chocolates can be made as bars, cut into small one bite sizes or even made into a pie type of serving.
For the equivalent of a 9″ round cake pan
Top & bottom:
1 cup chocolate (85% Lindt)
1/2 cup butter (Salted Kerrygold)
4 Tbsp Sukrin Fiber Syrup Clear
1.5 cup almond butter
1/2 cup butter (salted Kerrygold)
1 1/3 cup coarsely chopped almonds
1.7 fl oz heavy cream
6-8 Tbsp Sukrin Gold
- The sugar free almond chocolates are basically made in three steps as each layer will have to cool before the next is added
- Step 1: Melt half a cup of chocolate with 2 Tbsp of Sukrin Fiber Syrup Clear and a little over half of butter in a bowl over boiling water. For a sweet version of the chocolates, more Fiber Syrup can be added – 85% dark chocolate (or even 90%) is still quite dark. Spread the chocolate evenly in whatever mold, you are using. We used a 9″ round silicone cake pan. Put in freezer while preparing the filling in step 2.
- Step 2: Add the almond butter and butter to a pan and melt together over low heat. Stir in 6-8 Tbsp Sukrin Gold, the coarsely chopped almonds and heavy cream. Stir to combine. Layer the mixture over the chocolate layer and return to freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Step 3: Repeat step 1 to produce the top chocolate layer. Spread evenly over the almond layer and return to freezer to set.
- Keep in freezer or fridge until serving. Cut in smaller pieces as it is very rich and filling.