Looking for something to spice up your toast in the morning? Look no further! Our new series- Toaster Thursday is here to give you all the toast inspiration! This week our Warehouse Manager, Elle, has used our Sukrin Chia Loaf Mix to create this delicious Low Carb Salmon and Egg Toast topped with an Herb Cream Cheese Sauce!
- Chia Loaf Mix
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup cooked salmon, flaked or chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 eggs cooked over medium* (or to preference)
- fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Herbed Cream cheese
- Heavy cream to thin cream cheese mixture (optional)
- 2 tbsp Italian seasonings
Loaf Mix Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix Chia Loaf Mix with 1 ¼ cups of water.
- Leave to thicken for 5 minutes.
- Set on lined cookie sheet or loaf pan as rolls or a loaf.
- Bake for 60 minutes (loaf) or 30-35 minutes (rolls)
- Toast in toaster before topping.
Salmon and Cream Cheese Instructions
- For skin on salmon bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes skin side up. Skin should remove easily, flip salmon and bake for an additional 6-8 minutes to desired doneness.
- In a small pan over medium heat add cream cheese, salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings. Add heavy cream to thin mixture to desired thickness.
- In a medium pan add 2 tablespoons butter, bring to medium heat, break egg into pan cook until whites are firm about 2-3 minutes. Flip carefully cook for an additional minute.*
- Toast chia bread to desired preference, add salmon, drizzle cream cheese mixture, add egg, drizzle again with cream cheese mixture, add parsley.