Sukrin USA is very pleased to introduce a new sweetener – Tagatesse – to supplement our range of high-quality low carb and low calorie sugar substitutes!
Tagatesse is a Tagatose based sweetener with fantastic properties:
- Low calorie – about 25% of the calories of the regular sugar
- Low carb
- Gluten free and lactose free
- Perfect for baking and cooking – Tagatesse is a bulk sweetener
- Browns and caramelizes like regular sugar
- Dissolves easily in hot and cold usage
- No weird, cool or chemical aftertaste – just a rich, sweet taste
In addition, Tagatesse is recognized and researched to be safe* as well as:
- Safe for diabetics
Tagatesse is offered as a granulated sugar. It is TWICE as sweet as sugar so only HALF the amount of regular sugar should be used. Tagatesse is packaged in 1.1 lb packages – similar to 2.2 lbs of regular sugar. Read much more about Tagatesse here
Over the next period of time, we will be adding a range of Tagatesse-sweetened products to our assortment. Be prepared to experience Tagatesse-sweetened chocolate/hazelnut spread, jams, chocolates and even cookies!
Tagatesse is produced by Belgian company Damhert Nutrition and imported to the US by Sukrin USA.
*Tagatose is considered an ingredient, not an additive. In 1999, the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) declared that Tagatose was completely safe as an ingredient. This was confirmed by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) in 2007.