Chocolate Chip Scones
Oven 350, rack in the middle position
Bake 15-18 minutes
Net Carbs: 3
Once again, Sukrin USA have been so lucky as to have one of the leading low carb bloggers, Kim from Low Carb Maven, develop a recipe using Sukrin ingredients.
This time, Kim is treating us all to wonderful Chocolate Chip Scones. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, they are reminiscent of the original Starbucks favorite Maple Oat Nut Scones – but naturally in a low carb version!
2 ½ cups almond flour
1/3 cup Sukrin Gold, packed
1 ½ Sukrin Milk Chocolate Bars, chopped into small chunks
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
¼ cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon maple extract
½ teaspoon stevia glycerite or your favorite liquid stevia to taste
½ Sukrin Milk Chocolate Bar finely chopped
2 teaspoons butter
1 tablespoon heavy cream
More almond flour for shaping
Sukrin Monk Fruit for sprinkling on the top
- Add almond flour, Sukrin Gold, baking soda, chopped chocolate, and salt to a medium bowl and stir with a whisk to break up any lumps.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt the butter (about 30 seconds). Add the eggs, vanilla extract, maple extract and stevia. Mix well with a fork.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and using a spoon or rubber spatula, thoroughly blend the ingredients together. DO NOT USE A MIXER!
- Line a sheet pan with a piece of parchment. Sprinkle a little almond flour over the surface. Pour the dough for the scones onto the parchment and sprinkle the surface with Sukrin Monk Fruit. Gently pat or roll the dough into a circle or a rectangle of ½ inch thickness. Cut into 12 pieces. Gently lift each piece with a spatula and place it in its own spot on the parchment. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove to a rack and cool completely.
- To make the chocolate glaze: Put the butter, cream, and chocolate into a small microwaveable bowl. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in-between, until the chocolate melts. Let the glaze cool slightly then drizzle it over the scones.
Thank you so much to Kim of Low Carb Maven for the delectable recipe. Enjoy!