Everybody loves Focaccia – the bread, the oil, the olives and the spices! It is super easy to use the Sukrin Sunflower/Pumpkin Seed Bread Mix to make a delicious gluten free low-carb focaccia bread – and it makes a great side or snack.
Adding a little olive oil to the bread mix makes for an even richer tasting low carb bread. Quick and easy to make, it looks so impressive!! Great served on the side of your low-carb dish, as part of an antipasti platter, or take to work to eat with your soup. Try adding different low-carb toppings: halved cherry tomatoes and basil, cooked bacon and blue cheese, mushroom and garlic… Sukrin low carb bread mix is great for recipes like this as it takes flavors really well and is really easy to shape either with wet hands or a spoon. How about mini focaccia? Make them whatever size you like and bake until golden.
1 pack Sunflower/Pumpkin Seed Bread Mix
3 dl/10 fl oz water
2 T olive oil
Kalamata olives (pitted)
1/2 T rosemary
Olive oil to pour over bread
Cookie sheet and parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Grease the parchment paper with olive oil, to ensure crispness
- Drain the olives and chop the rosemary
- Mix Sunflower/Pumpkin Seed Mix with water and 2 T olive oil
- Spread on greased parchment paper (with a wet spoon), drizzle olive oil on top and press olives into dough. Sprinkle sea salt and rosemary on top
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack to preserve crispness
This recipe was adapted from Sukrin Denmark